Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A change of title and some design notes (with grateful thanks to Frank Little)

I changed the name of my blog a few years back. It was, I admit, an attempt to escape my past and cut a new trail, some distance away from my reputation as a faceless bureaucrat. It also reflected my new status as a rather unexpected member of the country gentry.

And no, I haven't moved - I am presently sitting in our designed for purpose office across the patio from our home in the country - but it is perhaps a recognition that I am, at heart, also a bureaucrat... and proud. I think. Actually, yes, proud. Admittedly, due to management policy, I'm not allowed to tell you where I'm proud to be a bureaucrat professionally, but you get the picture (and I did sign the Official Secrets Act, after all).

I have also experienced a bit of a rebirth as a bureaucrat within the Party. I'm not a campaigner, but I am good at freeing up other people who want to do it, and are better at it than I am. I have plans, put it this way...

And so, I have reverted to the original title of this blog. Oh yes, I'll write about Creeting St Peter and the joys of rural life from time to time, and have a gentle kvetch about politics and whatever else comes to mind, but it is time to be a little more comfortable with who I am.

Talking of comfort, readers might have noticed that I changed the design of the blog too yesterday. I wasn't happy with it, but had run out of time to address the remaining issues, so saved what I had done so far. This morning, Frank Little, who has flown the flag for liberalism in one of the country's less fruitful areas (Neath Port Talbot) for many years, kindly advised that the new design wasn't working for him.

And so, I've changed it, making it rather easier on the eye, I hope. If you read this, Frank, do let me know what you think.

For the rest of you, do drop in on his blog, "ffranc sais". I do from time to time, and am always given something to dwell upon...

1 comment:

Frank Little said...

Many thanks for the change in background which makes the blog very readable (physically, that is; it was always very readable in the other sense) and even more for the name check, which I do not deserve. The continuation of Aberavon and Neath Liberal Democrats is largely due to Ron McConville, Marilyn Harris and Robert Francis who kept the local party going through previous dips in our fortunes.