Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Vote Mark Valladares for ALDE Council Delegation

I'm also running for re-election to the Party's delegation to ALDE (Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe) Council...

It’s been twenty-five years since I first got involved in international politics - the Berlin Wall was still standing when I started! Four years ago, you were kind enough to elect me to the ELDR Council Delegation. And, as I had promised, I have continued to report back as best I can, using my blog, and Liberal Democrat Voice, (www.libdemvoice.org) to do so.

ELDR may now be ALDE, but my approach to the role hasn’t changed, so that members can find out what is happening amongst the European liberal family.

Still there, still working hard...

Since my re-election two years ago, I have, amongst other things;
  • Ÿserved as co-Returning Officer for ALDE’s internal elections
  • Ÿworking with our sister parties to reach consensus on policy issues,
  • Ÿsuggested ways of making ALDE more accessible to smaller parties in more difficult political environments, and;
  • developed an ethical framework for ALDE’s fundraising as a member of its Financial Advisory Committee
The expertise I’ve gained in political administration - I’ve held most posts possible at Local Party level, and been Regional Secretary in two Regions - has been valuable when analysing accounts and considering how best to organise activity, and I’d really like another two years to continue doing so on your behalf.

Away from European politics, I am a professional administrator and, in what spare time remains, Treasurer of my Local Party (Mid Suffolk). I blog at www.liberalbureaucracy.blogspot.com, where you can find out more about me, or, if you have any questions, please e-mail me at markv233[at]aol[dot]com.

No comments: