Saturday, December 10, 2011

So that's it then. I'll get my coat...

Executive Committee over, I'm on my way home, after a lively three hours which demonstrated both the strengths and weaknesses of your typical Regional Party.

We discussed the forthcoming Police Commissioner elections and, amongst the general but sometimes only vaguely directed unhappiness about how we got to where we are, we did take some steps to enable the counties to progress with any candidate selection process they might wish to initiate, and to move on providing support to them should they need it. I personally believe that the decision as to whether or not to run a candidate is best taken at the county level. However, if it is made more difficult than it might otherwise be by 'bureaucracy', we risk disenfranchising local members and activists.

Other than that, there were brief discussions on campaigning, the usual panoply of reports, plus mince pies.

And that's it, as I trudge away from the Regional Party into the icy tundra that is Suffolk. As Captain Oates so aptly put it, I may be gone some time...

No comments: