Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A new way of keeping busy... but how can I match the glamour that is Stephen Tall?

Having wound down my political activity in recent months, I do need something to keep me busy. And, on the apparent basis that the Devil makes work for idle hands, today I'm making my debut as one of the volunteer editors of Liberal Democrat Voice.

In fact, today I'm sharing duties with Paul Walter who, along with Mary Reid, will be handling Tuesdays on an alternating basis, under the close supervision of Mark Pack. In fairness, Paul has done most of the work today, and is clearly keen - this augurs well for the future.

Once we're considered ready, the three of us will be alternating in a three-week cycle, giving each of us time to commission pieces, or write them ourselves if need be - and I quite fancy making the odd contribution myself.

As Stephen Tall noted this morning, we aren't the first, with Caron Lindsay, Prateek Buch and Nick Thornsby already up and running - they're handling a day each, rather than alternating on the same day. Rather them than me, I must say...

So, what can you expect from me? Something ermine, something blue, something grey and something rural, I'd guess, reflecting my background and the circles I move in.

I hope that you like it, I've some tough acts to follow...
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: