Tuesday, December 06, 2011

An (almost) unnoticed milestone...

Good heavens, have I really just posted my 2000th blog entry? It would appear so, having started my l'il old blog six years ago (when dinosaurs ruled the Earth).

In those relatively early days, when blogging was trendy, but not yet mainstream, it was all about opinion, and my rather gentle musings on life, the universe and bureaucracy made barely a ripple in the blogosphere. And, six years later, not much has changed in terms of the blogging. I'm still not terribly excitable, and there's still rather a lot of bureaucracy - despite my increasingly frequent chafeing about being defined as a bureaucrat, albeit it a gentle one.

On the other hand, I've got married, to the lovely Ros, moved house (twice), changed my work location (twice), run for the District Council, become a Parish Councillor and moved to a new Regional Party (and been an officer of that too). I've even tried 'micro-blogging', with my village blog. Alright, that hasn't worked, but it was worth a try.

The blog has, one might say, been a bastion of stability in a curiously unstable world.

And, curiously, life has become more reflective of the blog - gentler, more amicable. Life in my small village tends to be more my pace, much to the surprise of everyone, including Ros, and it is a never-ending source of new ideas. In turn, because I'm not rushing around like I used to in London, I have time to think.

So, the content has changed a bit, even if the style hasn't. And, of course, I've changed the design a few times, and will probably change again in due course, once I get bored and have too much time on my hands.

But now that I'm warmed up, here's to the next two thousand blog posts. You can look forward to more tales from the Parish Council, more countryside discoveries, quite a bit of travel and some 'more interesting than you might think' bureaucracy.

Now if only I could persuade Ros to start blogging again...
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

Stephen Glenn said...

Are you calling Tony Blair and George Bush dinosaurs? ;-)

Happy blogaversary.