Monday, May 30, 2011

Planting a bush for Cincinnati

I am not really a gardener, and not terribly nostalgic either, but Ros is keen for the former, so we've spent part of the Bank Holiday weekend working on the garden. Ros is in charge, so I dig holes where required, fetch and carry pots, compost and hosepipes, whilst Ros plants things in the borders, or in pots.

However, I did feel that I should have a plant of my own, something that I could take personal responsibility for. And so, whilst at the Suffolk Food Barn today, I bought this redcurrant bush to be planted in the garden. I had thought about giving my plant a name and, on reflection, naming a redcurrant bush after my beloved red and white cat seemed like the right thing to do.

Eventually, it will grow to be about five feet tall and four feet across, and produce fruit that I can eat. Given that I don't eat anywhere near enough fruit, that can only be a good thing...

No comments: