Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ballot paper after ballot paper after ballot paper...

I've spent the weekend so far filling in ballot papers, the presidential, the Federal committees and the English ones too. It hasn't been easy, indeed, it has been quite depressing at times.

With candidates tending to run for multiple positions with identical manifestos, others who fail to mention the work of the committee they wish to run for, or provide any clue as to why they are running, it has at least been easy to work out who I won't be voting for. There are also some candidates who perhaps might be better off working out what the committee they are running for actually does.

It does take time, especially if you want to do it properly. However, there are plenty of candidates who make me think, "Yes, he/she has a real agenda for making the Party run better in that area.", and others who have demonstrated by their performance up until now that they deserve re-election.

On the other hand, at least I'm not voting for the Liberal Democrat list for the Greater London Assembly. Yes, I've been invited to join the Facebook groups of a number of candidates, some of whom I would have happily supported... if it wasn't for the fact that I don't live in London.

Meanwhile, I am awaiting the verdict from Manchester, but that's a different story...

No comments: