Sunday, July 04, 2010

EMLD and me - the dawning of a new era?

Those of you who have been following the current debate on Liberal Democrat Voice will be aware that I find myself in the opposite side of the argument to the Ethnic Minority Liberal Democrats, not necessarily for the first time. I'm not going to repeat the arguments here, needless to say that I have my severe doubts as to whether their proposal will be passed by Conference and, even if it does, whether it will achieve what they hope of it.

However, as a result, I have been 'challenged' by their outgoing Chair, Baroness Hussein-Ece, or Meral to her friends, to attend EMLD's Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, July 27th, at 6.30 p.m. at Portcullis House in Westminster. And, I'm going to go, not because I might change my mind, but because it is right to find out what they're actually doing, rather than carp from the sidelines in an ill-informed manner. You never know, I might be able to assist in some small way.

But in case anyone asks, I'm not planning to get too involved. I'm probably over-committed enough as it is...

No comments: