Thursday, June 10, 2010

An omission for those of you who aren't Liberal Democrats

It is occasionally easy to forget that this blog is read by people who aren't Liberal Democrats - my father, for example - so here are links to three pieces I wrote for Liberal Democrat Voice...

Diversity and representation – instead of whinging, why don’t we do something about it? (19 May)

"I have a reputation for being a bureaucrat. Gradualism is my watchword, and has been for most of the twenty-five years that I’ve been a Liberal and then Liberal Democrat. However, suddenly, I have become an old man in a hurry. Alright, old relative to most of you at least, but still in a hurry. So, imagine I’ve sprouted an Old Testament beard, donned a white flowing robe and found a nice stout staff and harken to my words. I have a few jobs for you to do…"



Your LDV guide to the new Parliamentary selection rules (31 May)

"There has, for some time, been genuine concern about the way that the Liberal Democrats select their Parliamentary candidates. How they are approved, how the process whereby candidates are selected has become more and more out of touch with modern campaigning methods, let alone questions of diversity, all of these have come under attack in recent years..."



The English Party welcomes careful, and discreet, participants… (8 June)

"Yes, it’s that time once again when one of the Party’s least visible, yet most important internal bodies, English Council, gathers for the first of its two scheduled meetings in 2010.

On Saturday, July 3rd, 125 or so representatives from the English Regions will gather in central London to hear speeches from the Party President, Ros Scott, and the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government, Andrew Stunnell MP..."


I hope to continue writing for Liberal Democrat Voice over the coming months, so with any luck, there'll be more of these links in future...

No comments: