Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Another late night propping corpses against the battlements

I am, undoubtedly, too old for this. By "this", of course, I mean the Liberal Youth elections, where people less than half my age remind me of my mortality whilst I try to uphold the Constitution in a manner akin to Beau Geste in the 1939 film version of the book (you know, propping corpses up at the battlements to fool the attacking Tuaregs into believing that there are more defenders than there really are).

And it is difficult. Much of what might seem unfair is not prevented by the Rules, so far as they exist, and with Facebook groups, and much public information, deciding upon what should be stopped and how that might be done requires imagination and pragmatism. Unfortunately, it also requires time, and I'm rather time poor at the moment (you know how it is).

However, I'm committed to the task now, and my next aim is to get the manifestos to Katy to produce the manifesto booklet. If only AOL wasn't proving to be such a problem...

No comments: