Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Liberal Youth: England, my England!

With much thanks to Richard Gadsden, I am now in possession of a copy of the Constitution of Liberal Youth England. The most immediately salient point is this;

11.5. The Returning Officer for the Federal Organisation shall be entitled to be the Returning Officer for all elections; if he or she does not wish to be the Returning Officer for this Organisation, then the English Executive shall appoint a Returning Officer.

So, if I understand this correctly, and I have a nasty feeling that I do, it's up to me to organise an election for the position of English Convenor. Without further ado, I can announce that the candidates are;
  • Thomas Hemsley
  • James Nelson
I'll be talking to Katy Pritchard in the Liberal Youth office about how we can do this and ensure that only eligible voters can take part...

No comments: