Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Conference Day 2: an award free zone

Well, the BOTYs ceremony, as we must now call it, went without too much controversy. Our compere for the evening, Stephen Tall, wearing a hat (indoors, dear boy?), a dazzlingly pink shirt and matching chest hair, kicked things off with an overview of Lib Dem blogging, leavened by a series of off-message but very funny jokes (note to self - check who writes Sarah Teather's jokes...).

I'm in the midst of uploading the acceptance speeches, so I won't comment on the winners here. However, what surprised me was the number of unfamiliar faces. Hitherto, I had thought that I knew most of the Lib Dem blogosphere. It turns out that I was apparently wrong.

On the other hand, I am still older than most of you, and that isn't likely to change any time soon...

No comments: