Friday, September 18, 2009

A bureaucrat ascends the scaffold...

And to the strains of Chopin's Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35, I am bound for Bournemouth, for the opening of Federal Conference. The closer it gets, the less I really want to be there, as it increasingly represents something to be survived before I can return to the rest of my life.

My personal Conference highlights are likely to be the opening and close of Conference, the Rally and the bit before the debate on the pre-manifesto. I admit that they might have one important thing in common but, hey, I'm as biased as all hell. Apart from that, I've got an critical meeting of English Candidates Committee, and will spend the rest of the time trying to learn how my new camcorder works and wondering why some people are so annoying.

And so roll on Conference, roll on...

No comments: