Saturday, March 07, 2009

Harrogate - Day 2: Life is, apparently, a rehearsal

I gave the blogger interview a miss, on the probably sensible grounds that I have plenty of opportunities to ask my wife questions. On the other hand, I might not get as good a set of answers...

A few events in my role as Presidential consort, before we headed for the rehearsal of Ros's Presidential inauguration and presentation of the membership awards.

We arrived in the middle of what I presume was the final rehearsal of the Leader's speech. Naturally, I am not at liberty to report any details, that means any at all. However, I am sure it would be permitted to say that watching the process is very interesting. I'm also sure that my life expectation would be significantly shorter if I said anything more (the noble Lord Rennard's highly trained and extremely ruthless hitmen are still, I am assured, on duty...).

As past of the rehearsal, I now know who won the membership awards. Guess what? I can't tell you that either...

No comments: