Friday, February 13, 2009

Liberal Youth: campaigning hots up

Well, it's been less than three days since nominations closed, and much has happened already. I've been bombarded with invitations to join Facebook groups, questions about process and general organisational stuff. And I'm the Returning Officer...

The Spring Conference takes place this weekend at the University of Warwick, just outside Coventry and, if you're a member of Liberal Youth, try to get along if you can. There will be hustings, although I encourage members to put their questions directly to the candidates whenever an opportunity arises.

After the Conference, the formal ballot will take place, with a manifesto booklet and ballot papers for members to peruse and complete. At the end of March, the count will take place in Cowley Street, and I will announce the result as soon as I can after it is concluded.

Let the best candidates win...

No comments: