Saturday, January 10, 2009

An invitation from across the ocean

I am often surprised by the number of readers who come from beyond the Liberal Democrat family (or my own, for that matter) and, in some cases, from around the globe. Yesterday was a case in point.

I received, by means of a comment on my blog, an invitation to have my blog included in a list of blogs which will appear on a website called GlobalPost.com. Naturally, I was suspicious, and had a look at their website. What I discovered was an organisation which will be launching a new international news service, intended primarily, but not exclusively, for an American audience, with correspondent journalists in some forty-six countries around the world, backed up by a selection of bloggers. I appear to be one of the latter.

So, gentle reader, I have accepted the invitation, and am now flying their logo on my sidebar. They go live on Monday, and I wish them every success, given that their stated aim is to provide better coverage of overseas events to the U.S. market. In that one of the often levelled criticisms of Americans and American policy makers is a lack of knowledge of the world around them, this can only help all of us...

No comments: