Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Better late than never: the best blog entries wot I wrote...

This may be the last response to Alex Wilcock's invitation and, technically, I've missed the deadline set. However, you're all asleep, or having sex in front of open fires, or whatever, so give me a break, why don't you...

I've been reading through the many blog entries that I have written in the past year to see if there are any worth promoting as amongst my best. It hasn't been easy, as my blogging has been affected by my burgeoning romance with the fair Ros. I have, in short, been less than entirely feisty, although I can't blame Ros - I've had far better things to engage my thoughts with than Blogger.

However, here are a few pieces that I have written that I thought readers might enjoy...

  • House of Lords Reform - a non-baron writes - I enjoyed writing this, and I still firmly believe that making people dress up as penguins is as good a proposal for selecting members of a second chamber as anything this Government has come up with so far...

  • Thoughts on public service - how a lack of confidence betrays us all - I still believe that this stuff is important, albeit deeply unfashionable...

  • The 10p debacle - why the bleeding won't stop - tax and politics. And indeed, the bleeding hasn't stopped...

  • You are invited to the funeral of the Labour dream - flowers not required - I hate it when politicians give up the pretence of principles and then forget that they ever have any...

  • European Selection: massacre of the innocents - if only because nobody listened to me five years earlier and they seem determined not to do so again...

  • I'm not going to claim that they are works of genius but they mattered to me when I wrote them. However, I'm hoping to me more 'up for it' in the coming year, so we'll see how it turns out...

    2 comments:

    Steph Ashley said...

    You have just been an inspiration, or a reminder. One of your posts made me think of something that I had neglected to write anything about thus far. Ta!

    Mark Valladares said...

    Always happy to help...