Thursday, June 21, 2007

Isn't technology amazing?

Whilst, as a bureaucrat, I am naturally more comfortable working with ink and quill pen, I am forced to accept that technology enables the average faceless bureaucrat to reach new audiences and torment more people, more effectively, than ever before.

Today, I have made an unexpected discovery in, of all places, the US Airways Club Lounge at La Guardia Airport, New York. My laptop is wi-fi enabled, but I really hadn't comprehended how it actually worked. So, given an extra hour here (my original flight was cancelled), I took the opportunity to experiment. And, much to my immense surprise, the technology works and I can blog my little heart out whilst drinking free beer and nibbling pretzels.

My e-mail is up to date, Facebook is checked and a dinner date confirmed. In fact, I am even able to function as a Returning Officer. You are warned. The world is not safe and there is no escape from liberal bureaucracy. Cue hysterical laughter and a dash for the plane...

No comments: