Saturday, May 26, 2007

Post number 300: the revolution starts here!

You know something, I'm bored of bureaucracy in isolation. Doing good deeds and making the backroom stuff tick over is all very well but I dimly recall getting involved in politics to make a difference.

I don't campaign terribly well, indeed I've always felt uncomfortable about promoting anything as 'the next great thing'. Instead, I have concentrated on process in the hope that if I do it well, it releases resources for campaigning. Recently, however, I have concluded that being well-meaning is not enough. Instead, you have to find solutions and implement them.

And so, I'm going to start using this blog as a means to float ideas and see what people think. This way, I can feel that I actually represent the constituencies that I serve and broaden the debate about how the Party is run internally.

I promise not to publish anything confidential or politically sensitive (I'll use Liberal Democrat Voice for that), but if it comes down to a decision about timing, or rules, or basic common sense, I'll float it here and see what comes back.

And for those of you on the inside looking out, don't be mad, join in!

P.S. Technorati Profile (I'm exploring the wonderful world of the Web - you can ignore this...).

No comments: