Sunday, May 20, 2007

Don't apologise, just get on with it!

Alright, I admit it, I took on too much and didn't really deliver. And so I have turned over a new leaf and started afresh. So, where am I? I have three Westminster selections and a European selection to organise, two Local Parties and a Regional Party to administer and a house move to plan. Time to get serious, I think.

Having spent the day assessing four new wannabe parliamentary candidates, I got home this evening and hit the telephones. Wantage first to resume their Parliamentary selection, put into abeyance for the local elections (Vale of White Horse was a bright spot for us, I'm glad to say). Next, Wycombe, who I've rather neglected. I'm off to meet their Executive Committee in June... Finally, Margaret Ticehurst, the enchanting Candidates Chair for South East Region, to discuss some European selection stuff.

I feel slightly less guilty now, and the only conclusion that I can draw is that it is easier to do something than worry about the fact that you haven't done it...

No comments: