Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The vacuum cleaner engineer cometh...

I'm at home this morning, having booked a visit by an engineer to repair my ailing vacuum cleaner (a vital piece of equipment in a house with five cats, let me tell you). I was told that he would come between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., so I booked the morning off and waited patiently for him to arrive, knowing in my heart that he probably wouldn't come until the last possible minute. You can therefore imagine my surprise when he arrived at 9.50 a.m., diagnosed a dead motor, replaced it and is now gone! I was so pleased that I actually vacuumed a small corner of my living room in celebration...

The other advantage is that I've found time to tidy up a bit, catch up on some personal business, and some Lib Dem things too. A nuisance turned positive, for a change.

Day 5 of diet - current weight loss: 1.0kg (one step backwards...) - net change in Body Mass Index (BMI): -0.33...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this image of Robert De Niro abseiling down the outside of your flat and fixing your broken vacuum cleaner Brazil-style...