Saturday, November 11, 2006

Into the great wide open, under the skies so blue...

Flying internally in the United States is rather like catching a bus at home, it seems so ordinary. Today's journey saw me fly from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas via Denver, Colorado. And whilst the upgrade to first class gave me a rather more comfortable seat, the only notable feature was the view out of the window.

Despite the fact that it was in the mid-sixties in Albuquerque, the mountains between there and Denver already have a coating of snow. Even the mountains that overlook the former peak above 10,000 feet, and I still struggle to conceptualise mountains that high, despite previous trips to South America, where I've stood at rather higher altitudes.

Dallas itself seems to be a lot more obviously promising than Albuquerque, nice though it was, and I've already had a bit of an explore. My hotel is very pleasant, very European in style, and they have very kindly upgraded me to a suite, full of comfy chairs, and cosy touches.

But now, it's time for some relaxation, as I've got an early start tomorrow, en route to Fort Worth to visit their apparently excellent zoo...

1 comment:

Onlinefocus Team said...

You're a Tom Petty fan? Excellent!