Sunday, April 02, 2006

And the tension mounts...

The deadline for nominations draws ever closer and, as Local Party Chair, I'm responsible for getting our nominations in for College, East Dulwich, South Camberwell and Village wards. East Dulwich went in on Thursday, so three more still to do.

Amazingly, our Acting Returning Officer is at her desk this afternoon (and likely to be there until midnight, she expects!) so I've agreed to drop in College and Village (vote for me, I won't turn you into a frog!) ward nominations this afternoon, leaving just South Camberwell to do. Hopefully, that should get done this evening...

Our Labour opponents continue with their series of lies, half-truths and distortions in an increasing unedifying attempt to retain East Dulwich ward. I wouldn't mind so much but their promises seem to mostly consist of doing the things that they should have already been doing. The fact that they deselected one of their number indicates their previous dedication to their duty as councillors. Oh well, if you can't run on your record, lie about someone else's, I suppose...

No comments: