Friday, December 23, 2005

A token ethnic minority male writes...


I found this picture the other day and thought that my family might like to see me in best faceless bureaucrat mode. Notice how I am cunningly part-hidden by the microphone. On the far left is Baroness Sarah Ludford, a member of the European Parliament, next to her Susan Kramer, MP for Richmond Park and on my right, Lynne Featherstone, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green. In the middle is Mandy Wells, our former Regional Conference Chair. So what am I doing there?

Well, Mandy said that she needed an aide and, given the others on the platform, she wanted a token male. Having been married, I knew exactly what to do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Lynn Featherstone on your left (our right)?

Perhaps that's why we're having so much trouble at the moment if we can;t tell left from right properly ;)

Mark Valladares said...

Tabman,

I thought that left and right didn't matter any more! :)