Sunday, November 13, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, another birthday rolls around, 41 this year (oh God, I'm dying, aren't I...).

Yesterday in North London with my family, giving and receiving presents. I'm not hugely enthusiastic about birthdays, having always seen them as just another marker towards impending death (cheery soul, aren't I?). On the other hand, it is nice to spend time with my parents, younger brother, his lovely wife and their three amazing children plus, as a special short-term bonus only, my cousin Kim, recently arrived from Wellington, New Zealand.

I spent quality time with the family creative brains trust, looking at ideas for an advertising campaign. With my father in media, younger brother a graphic designer and Kim having worked for an advertising agency, I sometimes wonder what I add but am told that I evaluate ideas pretty well. So, do what you do well and enjoy the rest, I say. Doing things as a family is something I never realised I had missed but, throw a bunch of Valladares's together, and some sort of weird chemistry takes place... and fun ensues.

Family is great!...